The following are the terms of trade of Planet Scuba and Wild Planet Co., Ltd. (referred to within as Planet Scuba). Exceptions to these terms must be noted in writing.
1. The Dive
Planet Scuba reserves the right to add, withdraw, substitute and/or vary advertised routes, prices and departure times for the Dive or Gift Certificate without notice.
2. Check-in for the Dive
All Divers are required to arrive and 'check-in' at Siam Ocean-world's premises at least 15 minutes prior to the advertised dive time on the Diver's ticket, voucher or confirmation letter. Non-arrival or arrival after this time will result in non-admittance to the Dive at Planet Scuba's discretion, without refund. Missed dives will not be refunded. Likewise for first time divers attending pool training or scuba tune ups at Planet Scuba's pool training facility.
3. Requirements to participate in the Dive
- Divers must hold a valid ticket, gift certificate or confirmation letter.
- Divers must be 12 years of age and over, be of sound mind and be in good health. (Certfied divers under 12 may be allowed to join the experienced diver program at Planet Scuba's discretion
- Introductory divers that are deaf or do not speak fluent English or Thai need to contact the booking team prior to booking their dive to ensure suitable translation facilities can be arranged. This may incur extra charge.
- All Divers will be required to sign a Declaration Form which includes, but is not limited to, statements that:
- The Participant does not suffer from certain medical conditions which may prevent the participant undertaking the Dive.
- The Participant enters Planet Scuba's / Siam Oceanworld's premises and participates in the Dive at their own risk
4. Planet Scuba's ability to refuse participation
Planet Scuba reserves right to refuse any person, for whatever reason, participation in the Dive, in its absolute discretion, whether or not they have previously purchased a ticket. A person will be reimbursed for tickets previously purchased should they be refused permission to participate on grounds other than those set out above.
5. During the Dive
- Divers will be supplied with equipment to use during the Dive without which they will not be permitted to participate in the Dive.
- Divers are not permitted to take any other items; eg. cameras, knives, etc.; into the tank other than those supplied by Planet Scuba.
- All Divers must obey the directions and instructions of Planet Scuba's Dive Leaders, must not disturb other Divers or interfere with the Dive Leader's ability to conduct the Dive in a safe and secure manner and must not damage, deface or remove any part of the Oceanarium or any of the equipment being used. Planet Scuba retains the right to remove from the Dive any Diver who does not comply with these terms, without refund.
6. Miscellaneous Terms
- Photographs purchased from or supplied by Siam Oceanworld remain copyright to Siam Oceanworld and may only be used or reproduced by the purchaser or recipient for private or domestic purposes and must not be used for any commercial purpose, including promotion of any supplier or any supplier's products or services, without Siam Oceanworld's prior written permission.
- No smoking is permitted on within Siam Oceanworld's premises.
7. Terms of payment
- Planet Scuba's "Dive with the sharks" tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable and specific to the Dive specified in the booking. Dives and Gift Certificates, rights or entitlements to Dives and Gift Certificates, or to purchase Dives and Gift Certificates must not be offered as prizes, offered for sale or resale, or resold or used for any commercial purpose, including without limitation promotion of any supplier or any supplier's products or services, without Planet Scuba's prior written permission.
- Changes in the Dive session time, Dive date or Diver identity can be made 72 hours prior to the Dive date at the discretion of Planet Scuba. An administrative fee of Bht500 for each change will apply and is payable at the time of the change.
- Changes within 72 hours of the Dive will not be permitted.
- All Dives must be paid for at the time of booking unless otherwise agreed by Planet Scuba in advance. Planet Scuba reserves the right to cancel tickets purchased in advance which are not paid for.
8. Cancellation and refunds
- Dives will not proceed should Planet Scuba decide that participation in a Dive is unsafe, or for any other reason, at the absolute discretion of planet Scuba
- Should a Dive not proceed then Divers will either be re-booked at the earliest possible time at the convenience of the Divers taking into account available places, or be issued with a refund voucher in the case of purchases bought through an agent, or be reimbursed the agent price paid for the ticket. The relevant party who has sold the ticket to the Diver will make all reimbursements.
- There will be no refund of a ticket by Planet Scuba except in accordance with these terms or as agreed in writing by Planet Scuba. In the exceptional case where a refund is granted, the refund will only be made to the person who purchased the ticket from Planet Scuba.
9. Planet Scuba's liability
- To the extent permitted by law, Planet Scuba excludes liability and will not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury arising from or connected with the Dive, no matter how that loss, damage or injury is caused. In particular, planet Scuba will not be responsible for loss or damage arising from a Participant's failure to obey Planet Scuba's instructions or from any pre-existing medical or psychological condition. Further, but only to the extent permitted by law, Planet Scuba will not be responsible for loss or damage arising from any negligent act or omission of Planet Scuba or any person for whom Planet Scuba is responsible.
- Planet Scuba is also not liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience arising from or incidental to any delay in a scheduled Dive taking place.
- Planet Scuba via Siam Oceanworld will provide shared lockers for the safekeeping of valuables. Planet Scuba however requests that valuables are not brought onto the premises and it accepts no responsibility for any loss through theft, breakage or otherwise, if valuables are brought onto the premises.
10. Where an agent acts on behalf of Planet Scuba
Enters into a sale, booking or any other transaction then that agent shall indemnify Planet Scuba for any loss, damage or expense incurred by Planet Scuba as a result of any misrepresentation, breach of contract or act of negligence by the agent.
11. Gift Certificates
Terms applicable to the sale of a Gift Certificates are as follows:
- Gift Certificates are non-refundable but transferable. Planet Scuba must be notified prior to transfer. Gift Certificates must not be offered as prizes or resold or used for any commercial purpose, including promotion of any supplier or any supplier's products or services, without Planet Scuba's prior written permission.
- Planet Scuba reserves the right to discontinue the sale of any item purchased on a Gift Certificate, but agrees to replace the item discontinued with any other item to the same value.
- A Gift Certificate must be redeemed within 3 months from date of purchase and the Dive must take place within the 3 months. No extensions available after this expiry date.
12. Governing Law
These Terms are governed by the laws of the Kingdom of Thailand. Planet Scuba and each Diver submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Kingdom of Thailand in respect of these Terms and any dispute between them.